Rivers Edge 4x4

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offroad discussion forum for Rivers Edge 4x4 Members and people alike.

Unimog 404 axles! 1 steer, 1 non steer w/ pinion conversions.

DFW Rusty
    DFW Rusty
    Admin

Unimog 404 axles! 1 steer, 1 non steer w/ pinion conversions. Empty Unimog 404 axles! 1 steer, 1 non steer w/ pinion conversions.

Post  DFW Rusty Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:26 am

IT ALL GOES OR NON DOES, I am not parting out........

1- unimog 404 front axle complete
    1- unimog 404 rear axle complete
    2 pinion conversion for unimog 404 (one is from exaxt 4x4 and the other is from another guy in canada that builds them).
    1- spare passenger side front reduction hub complete w/ drum, brakes, cv, and long axle(in good, ready to drop in, shape).

Also, both axles are already setup for 4-link & coil over shocks..... The front axle is set up for a single ended ram w/ 8" stroke. I can throw in the ram if you would like.....

The axles are currently on my jeep, and are pushing 44" boggers, and have been great. I am thinking of getting rid of them cuz I am really starting to look towards rear steer, with rock wells.
    I change the fluids after every run, and pump grease in the cv's before every run.

I would be willing to trade for 2 steering rockwells and $1,300(depends on the rockwells; brackets, brakes etc..etc..), a complete rear steer setup and $800 or just $2,700 cash......

I know these axles are used, but they are in good shape and here is what all these parts cost online:

$1760- front axle(expedition imports, not setup for 4 link, just plain).
    $1200- rear axle(expedition imports, not setup for 4 link)
    $600- front passenger reduction hub assembly(expedtion imports)
    $514- (2) pinion conversions(exaxt 4x4)
    $90- 2x8" stroke hydraulic ram (TSC)
    $4,164 :TOTAL, ALMOST TWICE THE COST OF WHAT I AM ASKING!

Incase you are not familiar with a Unimog 404 axle, they are a very unique axle. They are rated for a 1 3/4 ton, meaning they as strong as a built d60 and almost as strong as a rockwell axle. Unimog axles also have one major advantage over any stock axle, they come stock with selectable lockers front and rear. Unimog axles are the lowest geared axle out there, with a total ratio of 7.53, meaning you can run a very large tire with your stock drive train and not have to re-gear your t-case! Unimogs also, have the most ground clearence out of all axles on the market, gaining approximately 8" over a rockwell axle of ground clearence. They are a drum brake on all 4 corners, I have changed all brake fittings out, where you can keep your stock master cylinder, and use your existing brake lines. The nice thing about these axles are you dont have to look to the aftermarket to make them better, they come stock with all the needed parts to make them ready for rock crawling.
    The major pros of a Mog: 1 3/4 ton rating, selectable locker, 7.53 gear ratio, and tons of ground clearence.

If you are interested, or would like pics, e-mail me at rusty@acttexas.com

Thanks,
    Rusty
    DFW Rusty
    DFW Rusty
    Admin

Unimog 404 axles! 1 steer, 1 non steer w/ pinion conversions. Empty Re: Unimog 404 axles! 1 steer, 1 non steer w/ pinion conversions.

Post  DFW Rusty Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 pm

THEY SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY SOLD ALMOST 2 WEEKS AGO, I JUST FORGOT TO UPDATE ALL MY LISTINGS!

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:58 am