Rivers Edge 4x4

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offroad discussion forum for Rivers Edge 4x4 Members and people alike.

5 posters

Cleburne bbq cook off & jeep show/ car crawl.....

DFW Rusty
    DFW Rusty
    Admin

Cleburne bbq cook off & jeep show/ car crawl..... Empty Cleburne bbq cook off & jeep show/ car crawl.....

Post  DFW Rusty Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:50 am

We are hosting a car crawl/ 4wd show & shine May 1st during the Cleburne's BBQ Cook Off! I have invited people from DFW-TX4WD, Texas Rock Crawlers, Jeep-Nation & TXZR2 as of right now.... Hopefully we will have members of our own out thee *caugh* *caugh*!

We will be giving awards for:
    Ugliest rig, most modified, peoples choice, most beat up & best car crawl

The date for it will be Saturday, May 1st.

I hope we can get most of our members out there, cuz this will be the first time Rivers Edge 4x4 has ever received any publicity! Thats right we are getting publicity, they are going to put pictures of our club in the cleburne news paper, and they will mention us on the radio spots, and will possibly some news tv coverage! So, I am asking everyone who is apart of this club to help pitch in and make this a great event!

For those of you who do not want to participate in the car crawl, that is fine, just show up and hang out, but bring your junk with you dammit!

I would like to get some volunteers for the following:

car crawl: will help line up people to do the car crawl, guide them, and make sure that the tape for the taped off area does not fall down!

Judging: pretty self explanatory, just walk around with a note pad and take note of all the rigs.

Organizing: getting numbers to the participants and tallying up votes for peoples choice.

DVD: will sit under an awning, and possibly sell the very first ever Rivers Edge 4x4 DVD, and keep the demo dvd playing.

set up car crawl: will need a couple guys to help position the cars, and set up the tape.

I am sure that these positions will not be this organized, but a little organization would be nice...lolz

So, guys please help me out and participate in this one, cuz this one will help take the club to the next level.......

Thanks,
    Rusty
    DFW Rusty
    DFW Rusty
    Admin

Cleburne bbq cook off & jeep show/ car crawl..... Empty Re: Cleburne bbq cook off & jeep show/ car crawl.....

Post  DFW Rusty Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:05 am

If you want to volunteer for the judging, you may not vote for your own rig, so keep that in mind. The number in the parentheses (ex; (2)) is the number of people needed for that position.

Volunteer positions:

Help pick up cars from prines(3): Devin, Rusty, Larry

Help set up the booth(2): Katelyn

Help set up the cars & rope off the area(3): Rusty, Larry, Devin

Run the booth(2-4 if we get four we can do shifts): Katelyn, Paula

run the car crawl(3 to 4): Johny, Richard, Rusty, Shane

judges for; most modified, most beat up, ugliest, best of show, best car crawl(3):

clean up(3 to 4): Rusty, Larry

make sure waivers are signed and turned in before drivers do the car crawl(1 or 2):

And if we do it, sell t-shirts(2):
    Larry
    Larry

Cleburne bbq cook off & jeep show/ car crawl..... Empty Crawl

Post  Larry Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:40 pm

I would like to help any way i can. alien
    DFW Rusty
    DFW Rusty
    Admin

Cleburne bbq cook off & jeep show/ car crawl..... Empty Re: Cleburne bbq cook off & jeep show/ car crawl.....

Post  DFW Rusty Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi Larry,I appreciate your offer to help! If you would like to help, just show up at 8 A.M. May 1 and you can give us a hand. We will make sure you get a couple Rivers Edge stickers for that ford of yours! Cool

Welcome to the board by the way!
    V10tj
    V10tj

Post  V10tj Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:28 am

Is there any way to get fliers I could hang here at work and hand out to people?
    DFW Rusty
    DFW Rusty
    Admin

Post  DFW Rusty Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:40 am

Hey Johny, I am working on a flier right now!
    DFW Rusty
    DFW Rusty
    Admin

Post  DFW Rusty Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:44 am

We are still in need of volunteers!!! I know most positions will be filled on the spot, but I would sleep better if I knew ahead of time!

Thanks,
    Rusty
    Larry
    Larry

Cleburne bbq cook off & jeep show/ car crawl..... Empty volunteers

Post  Larry Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:57 pm

just put me where ya need me... What a Face affraid cheers
    theglassman

Post  theglassman Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:22 pm

ill be there......ill help anyway i can....

i had a mini truck club years ago and we held anual shows so i know how much a pain it is..
    DFW Rusty
    DFW Rusty
    Admin

Post  DFW Rusty Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Thanks guys! Your help will not go un-noticed! Cool
    jolleypop67
    jolleypop67

Post  jolleypop67 Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:46 am

i'll be there with ya of course you know that. let me know what i can do sonshine.
    Larry
    Larry

Cleburne bbq cook off & jeep show/ car crawl..... Empty WOW

Post  Larry Mon May 03, 2010 5:03 pm

That was a Blast. thank you for letting my Son and I help out. I cant wait till the run in 2 weeks. I will have the pics I have posted Thursday. Very Happy cheers Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:29 pm